Tamron will soon announce a new 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VC VXD G2 lens for Sony E-mount (replacement for the current version that is now $100 off):
- Even with VC image stabilization, the lens is just 156.5mm long and weighs only 855g
- Revamped optical design delivers truly superb performance at all focal lengths
- VXD provides high-speed and high-precision AF with vastly improved subject tracking
- Equipped with Tamron’s proprietary VC mechanism
- Achieves MOD of 0.3m at 70mm and 0.85m at 180mm
- Proprietary software tool Tamron Lens Utility for lens function customization
- Additional features for greater convenience
- User-friendly features (Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating)
- Compatible with many camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
- 67mm filter size, same as most other Tamron lenses for mirrorless cameras
Tamron, announces the development of the Tamron 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VC VXD G2 (Model A065), a fast-aperture telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras.
The Tamron 70-180mm F/2.8 G2 marks the further evolution of the first-generation model that earned high acclaim in the marketplace and incorporates several enhancements. Leading the list of improvements of the new G2 lens is the incorporation of Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism. The lens maintains the maneuverability of class-leading compact size and weight while enabling shooting with greater stability.
The optical design has been revamped from the first-generation 70-180mm F/2.8 and achieves uncompromising high image quality across the entire zoom range. Tamron also shortened the MOD (Minimum Object Distance) at the wide end to 0.3m compared to the first-generation 0.85m, enabling users to enjoy unique photographic expressions distinctive to the lens.
Additionally, the new 70-180mm F/2.8 G2 zoom features Tamron’s renowned VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism enabling high-speed, high-precision auto-focusing that performs well whether shooting stills or video. The new 70-180mm F/2.8 G2 zoom also supports the dedicated Tamron Lens Utility and Tamron Lens Utility Mobile apps that were developed in-house by Tamron. The software can be used to customize functions based on various shooting styles for still photography and video. The new lens design improves operability and provides scratch resistance. This single lens combines profound maneuverability and practicality that is worthy of the second-generation G2 badge and will deliver shooting experiences that make a fast-aperture telephoto zoom lens even more enjoyable.
Availability and price
The Tamron 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VC VXD G2 (Model A065), for Sony-E mount full frame cameras will be available in the fall 2023. The exact date and recommended retail price will be announced in due course.
The post New Tamron 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VC VXD G2 lens leaked online appeared first on Photo Rumors.