What’s new in Topaz Photo AI version 2.3.0:
- Prioritize filter application
- Better batch process capabilities
- New masking abilities and controls
- Next-gen upscale and remove models
- Use Remove tool at any point
Changes since Topaz Photo AI version 2.2.2:
- Added 2 new upscaling models
- Added Remove Tool model update
- Added Object Selection Brush to Remove Tool
- Added mask hover for Subtract mode with Object Selection Brush
- LrC Plug-in Extras now adds image to original Collection
- Improved Autopilot recommendation for Upscale sliders
- Fixed Face Detection model crashing on Apple Silicon devices
- Fixed application getting stuck or crashing after activating license
- Fixed models re-downloading on every app restart
- Fixed CLI for Adjust Lighting and Balance Color
- Fixed placeholder image showing behind transparent images in Recent Files list
- Fixed menu actions getting triggered twice
- Fixed login error message when product is not owned
- Fixed toasts overlapping with UI elements
- Fixed Apply & Cancel hotkeys in Crop after changing aspect ratio
- Fixed thumbnails of non-existent/invalid images appearing in Recent menu
- Updated libraw
- Automatic Lensfun Update
What’s next for Photo AI:
- Best version update since launch
- More granular control
- Refined user interface
Topaz 2024 roadmap
In 2024, our photo and video products will experience the most significant evolution since our first AI product six years ago. I wanted to share what you can expect out of our products in the next few years.
We believe that generative AI should improve your work rather than replace it, so our product development philosophy focuses on three principles:
- Enhancement vs replacement: for improving your work without altering its core essence.
- Natural and photorealistic results, vs fantastical: for your photos and videos where preserving reality matters.
- On-device processing, vs cloud: for a faster workflow, more editing options, and private processing.
We think that these principles are essential for professional use cases, but currently undervalued in AI research. As such, we’re accelerating this direction with our three core products:
Photo AI is designed for photographers, and solves many photo quality problems like noise reduction and sharpening better than anything else. In 2024, we will use generative AI to greatly improve the quality and experience of other photo editing tasks.
Video AI delivers you sharp, steady, and smooth footage without motion artifacts. In 2024, you will see improved AI model quality, a better app experience, and more integrations for professional editing workflows.
Built for everyone, Gigapixel 7 brings improved upscaling model quality and better usability. Later this year, we’ll release fundamental improvements to our upscaling models that unlock another level of quality, better than anything else you’ve seen yet. Afterwards, we will bring Gigapixel to more platforms than just desktop.
The post Topaz Photo AI version 2.3.0 released, 2024 roadmap revealed appeared first on Photo Rumors.